Subject: Girl Guides Building - Pease Street
From: "Slade Leah" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:26:58 +1000

Judith,
In regards to your query below regarding the Girl Guides lease over lot
7 on NR7383 being a Special Lease with the Girl Guides Association as
lessees.
 
The lease was issued in 1985 for a term of 30 years to the Girl Guides
Association for the purpose of Recreation (Girl Guides).
 
In accordance with section 327 of the Land Act 1994, a lessee, on the
terms agreed to between the Minister and the lessee, may surrender a
lease, or part of a lease, for the absolute surrender of the lease, or a
subsequent action for the lease.  
 
Should the Girl Guides Association have no further requirements or use
of the lease, they may request the Minister to surrender the lease.  The
area then becomes unallocated State land. 
 
However, options such as the transfer of the lease to another party may
also be considered, however, the lease must be used for the same purpose
as it was originally issued for (in this case Recreation (Girl Guides).
 
It is advised that you contact the current lessee, Girl Guides
Association to ascertain their intentions in regards to their continued
use of the lease
 
Further, you have stated that the Stable FNQ lease from the Guides the
building located on lot 7 on NR7383.  Any secondary "leasing" over a
lease requires the registration of a Sublease approved by the Minister.
 
Departmental records indicate that there is no subleasing arrangements
between yourself (The Stable FNQ) and the Guides.
 
To continue your clubs use of the building located on the Special Lease,
you should liaise with the Girl Guides to enter into subleasing
arrangements.  
 
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact
the Department on the below contact details.
 
Regards
 
Leah Slade
A/Senior Land Officer
State Land Asset Management
North Region
Phone: (07) 40398433  Fax: (07) 40510851
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Web:  www.nrw.qld.gov.au <http://www.nrw.qld.gov.au/> 
 
Department of Natural Resources and Water
Level 3, 5B Sheridan Street, Cairns Q4870
PO Box 937, Cairns Q4870
 
From: Judith Tierney [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 14 December 2007 11:00 AM
To: Enquiries
Subject: NRW web enquiry

I am sorry if you are not the correct dept. for this enquiry. Please
help if you are able. We 'The Stable FNQ' a not for profit club, lease
from Guides Qld a building at 208 Pease Street Cairns, which stands on
land I understand is Crown Land. We have heard in a round about way that
this land is to be reclaimed. Would it be possible to have this
confirmed one way or another? Local guides say they don't know. Forward
knowledge for relocation would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Yours truly,

Judith Tierney

46 Oleander st Holloways Beach 4878

40550767

0400181913 

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.1/1182 - Release Date:
12/12/2007 11:29 AM

************************************************************************
The information in this email together with any attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
If you have received this message in error, you are asked to
inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message
and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your
computer system network.
************************************************************************