Subject: RE: We will not them walk
From: "Gayle De Glas" <[email-masked]>
To: "Judith Tierney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:20:34 +1000

Dear Mr/Mrs Tierney

Thank you for your email of 20 December 2007.

The information you have provided does not come within the jurisdiction
of the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland.

If you do not wish to follow the advice of Mr Phil Smart then may we
suggest that you obtain independent legal advice.

Sincerely

Gayle De Glas

INTAKE OFFICER

Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland

Telephone:    1300 130 670

Fax:                 (07) 3247 0960

TTY:                1300 130 180

www.adcq.qld.gov.au

  _____  

From: Judith Tierney [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 20 December 2007 5:43 PM
To: Gayle De Glas
Subject: We will not them walk

 

This individual made a life changing decision for my wife and me on a
conditional secret response from Qld St Vincent de paul. 

And informed us we would have to apply to the FOI department for their
response as they do not want my wife Judith Tierney and me to see it.

Even after us sending the department enough evidence to prove the
contrary. 

Why are they not accountable to any Qld department as they are a
VOLUNTARY ORGANISATION for huge tax concessions? 

And why would any charity be afraid to have their response made public
if they were not guilty of any wrong doings?

 

----- Original Message -----
From: Phil J Smart
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:05 AM

Subject: COM06 0379 - Complaint

 

To: Mr James Tierney C/- Ms Judith Tierney's email address of
[email-masked]

Dear Mr Tierney

I refer to your email dated 8 March 2007, in which you requested
clarification on Vinnies Gym being closed based on an operational
decision by St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland.  

I wish to draw your attention to the advice provided by Ms Liliana
Pacey, Manager, Complaints and Prevention Unit (CPU) in her letter date
30 January 2007 in which it was advised that to assist CPU in the
assessment process, St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland provided, in
good faith, a copy of the review report undertaken by an independent
consultant on the understanding that this report not be given to anyone
other than to the CPU complaints officer and senior departmental staff.

You may also recall that a recommendation has been made to St Vincent De
Paul Society Queensland to consider forwarding you a copy of the report
undertaken by the consultant.  

This recommendation was based on the view that if you are provided with
the report it may clarify St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland's
decision to close Vinnies Gym based on operational and staffing issues
which were identified in the report.   

It was also emphasised that this is a recommendation only as CPU does
not have the authority to ensure this action is taken.   

CPU is of the view that providing you with detailed information from the
report provided by St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland would be
without the permission of the society.  

It is suggested you contact St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland to
request a copy of their report regarding Vinnies Gym as referred to in
CPU's recommendation.  

You may also wish to make a freedom of information request for a copy of
the report which is held on departmental records.  

This request can be forwarded to Administrative Law Coordination
(Freedom of Information) Unit, Department of Communities, GPO Box 806,
Brisbane QLD 4001.  

It is the role of the Administrative Law Coordination Unit to determine
the information that is able to be provided.   

If you remain dissatisfied with the way the department has handled your
complaint, you may wish to contact the Queensland Ombudsman on 1800 068
908 or email to [email-masked]

I wish to confirm that your complaint, reference COM06 0379, in relation
to the closure of Vinnies Gym has been closed and no further responses
to this complaint will be provided.  

I trust this advice is of assistance.

Phil Smart

Senior Complaints Officer
Complaints and Prevention Unit
Complaints Compliance Investigations and Misconduct Prevention Branch
Department of Communities, Disability Services Queensland and Aboriginal
Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
Ph 3406 2617 (Extn 32617)

  _____  

Dear Mr/Mrs Tierney

I am responding to an email I have received from you which appears to
have come to me via Freedom Of Information.

I apologize for my lack of clarity regarding this but it is unclear to
me.

In regard to the contents of your email concerning the St Vincent de
Paul Society and decisions they have made, including the Vinnies Gym in
Cairns:

There is nothing in this information which leads me to think that the
Queensland Anti-Discrimination Commission can help you in any way.

For the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland to accept a complaint
from you, the worse treatment must have happened because of your or your
presumed:

o        Sex

o        Sexuality

o        Gender identity

o        Lawful sexual activity as a sex worker

o        Relationship status

o        Parental status

o        Family responsibilities

o        Pregnancy

o        Breastfeeding

o        Age

o        Race

o        Impairment

o        Religious belief, non-belief or activity

o        Trade union activity

o        Political belief or activity or

o        Association with a person identified by one of the above
grounds.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact
us on 1300 130 670.  In this case, I do think it would be easier to
discuss this with you rather that continue in emails.

I wish you well in your endeavours to try and right this situation.

Yours sincerely

Gayle De Glas

INTAKE OFFICER

Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland

Telephone:    1300 130 670

Fax:                 (07) 3247 0960

TTY:                1300 130 180

www.adcq.qld.gov.au 

***************************************************************************************
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and cleared 
by ADCQ's MailMarshal

The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are private and confidential. They may 
also contain information which is legally privileged or subject to copyright. If you 
have received this e-mail by mistake please:
immediately advise the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland by telephoning 
1300 130 670 or by e-mail to [email-masked], do not read this e-mail or any 
attachments,delete this e-mail and any attachments,destroy any hard copies of this e-mail 
and any attachments. You must not re-transmit, distribute or use the material in this 
e-mail and any attachments unless you have been authorised to do so. 
Before you open any attachments to this e-mail, you must check them for computer viruses
or defects. It is your responsibility to ensure that the attachments to this e-mail 
do not contain computer viruses or defects.
*************************************************************************************