Subject: Read intro before watching: Amazing commercial
From: "Frank Richards" <[email-masked]>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:00:05 -0000

This is just way TOO cool a video. You have to see it to believe it 
(but be sure to first read the text intro below). 
If you thought that the people who set up a room full of dominoes to have 
them knocked over later was amazing, you haven't seen anything yet.. 

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in these images. 
Everything that you see happened in real time exactly as you see it..

The recording required 606 takes and in the first 605 takes there always 
was something, usually of minor importance, that didn't work. It was 
necessary for the recording team to install the set-up time after time and 
it took several weeks working day and night to achieve this effect. 

The recording cost 6 million dollars and it took 3 months to finish, 
including the engineering design of the sequence.

The duration of the video is only 2 minutes, but every time that Honda 
shows the commercial on British television, they make enough money to 
support any of us for the rest of our lives. However, this commercial has 
turned out to be the most displayed in the history of the Internet.

Honda execs think that it will pay for itself simply because of the free 
showings (Honda is not paying one cent for you to see it)

When Honda senior execs viewed it, they immediately approved it without 
hesitation-including costs.

There are only six Honda Accords built by hand in the whole world, and to 
the horror of Honda engineers, the recording team disassembled two of them 
for the recording.

Everything you see in the sequence (besides the walls, floor, ramp and 
untouched Honda Accord) is part of those two automobiles. The voice is 
that of Garrison Keiller. The commercial was so well received by Honda 
execs when they saw it, that their first comment was how amazing the 
computer graphics were. They almost fell out of their chairs when told 
that the recording was real without any graphics manipulation.

By the way, about the wind shield wipers in the new Honda Accords, they 
are sensitive to water and designed to start working as soon as they get 
wet.